Melbourne International Jazz Festival (MIJF) Terms and Conditions
Melbourne Jazz Ltd is a member of Live Performance Australia (LPA) and complies with the LPA Code of Ticketing Practice – Consumer Code (LPA Code), which sets out a code of conduct for the sale of tickets to live events including consumer rights. You can obtain a copy of the LPA Ticketing Code of Practice here.
Refunds and Exchanges
All sales are final. Refunds or exchanges are not possible after purchase except as required by law or in accordance with the LPA Code.
MIJF does not permit ticket resale. Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of MIJF, be resold at a premium, offered as a prize or used for advertising or other promotional use.
Tickets are only valid when purchased from Melbourne International Jazz Festival, the event venue or an authorised agent of Melbourne International Jazz Festival. Melbourne Jazz Ltd reserves the right to cancel and not refund any ticket it reasonably believes has been bought or sold by an unauthorised seller. Tickets purchased through unauthorised resellers may be invalid or fraudulent and entry to the venue cannot be guaranteed.
Fees & Charges
Ticket prices and fees are inclusive of GST, where applicable.
A transaction fee will apply for all tickets purchased via MIJF online or over the phone. Fees are calculated according to the total value of tickets purchased in a single transaction.
|$0.01 – $39.99||$3.30|
|$40.00 – $79.99||$4.50|
For tickets purchased through external ticketing agencies (not through MIJF), different fees will apply, please check the venue’s website for details.
If you are unsure if a payment has gone through, please contact Melbourne International Jazz Festival on firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (03) 9001 1388 before attempting to pay again. MIJF reserves the right to not provide refunds if payment has been successful.
Please note, some venues have liquor licencing restrictions that do not allow entry to under 18s. If unsure, you are advised to contact the venue. You may be requested to show ID when attending or purchasing tickets to events and may be refused entry if you are unable to provide valid ID.
Concessions and Companions
Holders of the following valid concession cards are eligible for concession price tickets, where available: Student Card (full-time), Carer Card, Health Care Card, Pension Card, Veterans Affairs Card, and all government-issued Seniors Cards. Concession price tickets also apply to children 16 years and under.
For tickets purchased through external ticketing agencies (not through MIJF), different concession may apply, please check the venue’s website and terms and conditions for details.
Proof of concession is required when purchasing or collecting your tickets and/or on entering the venue.
Companion card holders qualify for a complimentary ticket for their companion. Please contact Melbourne International Jazz Festival on (03) 9001 1388 or the event venue to purchase tickets.
Any advertised discounts apply to full price tickets only.
Program details and prices
Every effort has been made to ensure program details are correct, however, details and prices are subject to change where necessary and without notice. Melbourne International Jazz Festival has the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity. In the event of a change in performer, Melbourne International Jazz Festival will only refund the cost of the ticket when the cancelled performer was billed by Melbourne International Jazz Festival as the main attraction/star performer.
Conditions of Entry & Latecomer Policy
When purchasing tickets through MIJF, you agree to comply with the conditions outlined in the LPA Code and the Conditions of Entry for the performance venue(s). Conditions of Entry for venues can be found on individual venue websites.
MIJF and venues reserve the right to exclude latecomers or admit them only if there is a suitable moment in the performances.
Melbourne Jazz Ltd reserves the right to not process exchanges or refunds or to provide or reprint lost tickets.
For enquires regarding lost tickets please contact email@example.com or (03) 9001 1388.
- Gift vouchers are treated as cash and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen
- Gift vouchers may only be used for purchasing tickets to the Melbourne International Jazz Festival
- Gift voucher can only be used to redeem products sold via the MIJF ticketing channels (website and phone)
- Gift vouchers cannot be redeemed for MIJF events ticketed by external venues or for purchases through external venue channels
- Gift vouchers cannot be returned or exchanged (whether in whole or in part) for cash. The value stated on the card (or remaining on the voucher after partial redemption) is expressed inclusive of GST.
- Any purchases which exceed the value of the gift card will require the holder to pay the difference in price using another form of tender
- No change will be given and any remaining balance will remain on the gift card to be used (in whole or in part) against future purchases
- Gift vouchers will expire 36 months from the date of issue
- Any balance that remains on the gift voucher after expiry will not be available for use
For any feedback, questions or complaints, please contact the Melbourne International Jazz Festival on (03) 9001 1388 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our full complaints handling policy can be found here.
Terms of Sale
Please read these Terms of Sale prior to purchasing a ticket for any event presented or promoted by the Melbourne Jazz Ltd. By purchasing a ticket to an event promoted or presented by Melbourne International Jazz Festival, you are agreeing to these Terms of Sale.
- The ticket cannot be returned, refunded or exchanged after purchase except as provided for in the LPA Code.
- Tickets are valid only when purchased from Melbourne International Jazz Festival, the event venue or an authorised seller. Entry may be refused where tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or where a ticket is acquired in breach of this condition without compensation.
- Where a ticket is purchased through an event venue or another authorised seller you agree to be bound by these Terms of Sale and any additional terms and conditions imposed by the event venue and/or authorised seller.
- Melbourne International Jazz Festival reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists, performers or events, vary ticket prices, and/or vary advertised programmes, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
- Melbourne International Jazz Festival and the relevant event venue reserve the right of admission. Late arrivals may result in non-admission.
- Melbourne International Jazz Festival or the relevant event venue may refuse entry or require you to leave the event if you breach these Terms of Sale or any terms and conditions of the event venue and/or if you engage in offensive or inappropriate behaviour at the event.
- Melbourne International Jazz Festival and the relevant event venue may impose additional specific conditions in relation to entry or attendance to a particular event.
- It may be a condition of entry to individual events that a search of person and/or possessions will be required at the time of entry to the venue.
- You agree that you may be filmed, taped, interviewed, photographed or recorded while attending an event, and you consent to Melbourne International Jazz Festival or third parties engaged by Melbourne International Jazz Festival filming, taping, interviewing, photographing or recording you. You further agree the Melbourne International Jazz Festival may use, publish, edit, incorporate or otherwise exploit any materials produced under this clause for any purpose (and authorise other to do the same) without further reference to you.
- You are responsible for your own safety and property when attending an event, and to the extent permitted by law you release Melbourne International Jazz Festival and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, licensors, suppliers and agents from any liability from any claim, damage, injury or loss you may supper in relation to your attendance at an event.
- Except as set out in the LPA Code or under any relevant statutory provision that cannot be excluded, Melbourne International Jazz Festival is not liable for any claim, damage, compensation, loss or expense that may be suffered or incurred as a result of an event being cancelled, postponed or changed.
- Personal arrangements including travel, subsistence and accommodation relating to an event which has been arranged by you are at your own risk.
- These Terms of Sale are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.
COVID-19 Special Terms
These conditions are included in addition to the general Terms and Conditions.
MIJF events will be conducted in accordance with and comply with relevant Victorian Government Industry Guidelines and as applicable Public Event Framework and any relevant Restricted Activity Directions.
You must comply with any COVID-19 safety protocols or requirements communicated by MIJF or the event venue (including signage at venues or floor markings). This includes complying with:
- hand hygiene requirements
- physical distancing requirements (including physical spacing requirements when queuing)
- mask and personal protective equipment directives
- person limits for each space and area
- person density/capacity requirements
- any other safety requirements as directed by the Victorian Government
All individuals attending MIJF events must check in using the Victorian Government QR Code Service, if you do not have access to or cannot access the Services Vic app, you must inform venue staff on arrival. Venue staff may refuse entry or require you to leave if you refuse to provide the necessary contact information required for contact tracing.
You acknowledge that MIJF may disclose contact tracing information to health authorities or as otherwise required or authorised by law. You acknowledge that MIJF may retain this information for 28 days (or such longer period as required by law), after which time it will be deleted or destroyed. MIJF will take all reasonable steps to keep your contact tracing information secure and free from unauthorised use.
You must not attend a MIJF event if you are:
- feeling unwell
- showing symptoms of COVID-19, which include: fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, or loss of sense of smell
- awaiting a COVID-19 test result
- otherwise required to self-isolate or quarantine
MIJF or the relevant event venue may refuse entry or require you to leave if you:
- refuse to comply with any COVID-19 safety protocols or requirements
- refuse to comply with any reasonable health and safety directions given by venue staff
- refuse to provide contact tracing information upon request
- are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19
- have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting test results
- are required to self-isolate or quarantine
In these circumstances, tickets will not be exchanged or refunded unless required by law.
Refunds or Exchanges in relation to COVID-19
We are offering additional flexibility through our refund policy, at this time, to encourage you and members of your booking party to stay at home if you are feeling unwell.
You will be entitled to a refund or exchange if you or a member of your booking party falls into any of these categories:
- You or they are required to self-isolate or quarantine (and the event falls within the isolation/quarantine period).
- You are unable to travel to attend the event due to border restrictions.
- You or they have COVID-19 symptoms, have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting test results (and the event falls within the period of awaiting test results).
Please contact us as soon as practical. We cannot provide refunds if you contact us after the event.